Last updated: April 26, 2023
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Information You Provide To Us
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. We cannot provide you with our Services without this type of Cookies. We use the following necessary Cookies: Signed-in user identification with AWS Cognito, Identity verification with Plaid Cognito.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. For example, we use functional Cookies to remember your choice of language or region. We use the following functional Cookies: Intercom.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn how you may modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
We use the information we collect:
To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
To update your status on your social networks, to send messages on your behalf to your social networks, and to provide other features and services to you;
To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications;
For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for any lawful purpose;
To facilitate transactions, financial data management, and payments via the Services and between our relevant affiliates, vendors, service providers, and partners;
To find and prevent fraud and abuse, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, we only process your information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We may process your information where required to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We may process your information where we have a legal obligation to do so. For example, we may process your information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information where we or a third party have a legitimate interest in processing your information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
You may request access to the information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your information, restrict or object to the processing of your information, have your information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your information to another company. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We take measures to delete your information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When we process information for our own purposes, we determine the retention period taking into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our Services, the impact on our Services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, because no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States (“U.S.”) and intended for visitors located within the U.S. If you choose to use our Services from the EEA, the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may transfer information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved or UK Government-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.